Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

tube feeding / school - where to start...?

(4 Posts)
OpheliasWeepingWillow Sun 19-Jun-16 23:41:21

Am currently an expat possibly returning to the UK. Currently dd goes to a private nursery and we trained them to tube feed.

If / when we move back at around Xmas I don't have a clue as to how to get her into school (she's 4) and support for her tube feeding. She doesn't really need any other support.

Do I just fill in the application? I can't see any place to write that she's tube fed! I guess I need a UK doctors letter but what else? Right now she's in a class of 15 and the teachers do all her feeds.

OpheliasWeepingWillow Mon 20-Jun-16 15:57:46


FannyFifer Mon 20-Jun-16 17:06:32

Hiya, think it very much depends where about in the UK you are going.

2old2beamumandpastit Mon 20-Jun-16 21:27:53

Please try not to worry too much. I assume you will get a paediatrician fairly quickly who will be able to refer you to the paediatric community nursing team who should train a couple of school staff to carry out her feeding.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now