Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Informing of changes to DLA

(10 Posts)
UKpompea Sat 18-Jun-16 12:21:47

I am hoping that someone with more experience might be able to tell me what to expect.

I have been claiming DLA for my son for several years now and somehow it was automatically renewed recently. However my son's condition and needs have changed so I will be phoning them on Monday.

I'm a little nervous. The original form was a battle to fill in correctly and I'm wondering whether they'll expect the full form to be filled in again or whether I just need to tell them about the changes?

PolterGoose Sat 18-Jun-16 15:29:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coffeeaddictedandfat Sat 18-Jun-16 16:27:13

Dla does not renew automatically.hmm

Shesinfashion Sat 18-Jun-16 20:27:18

When we were awarded DLA for DD aged 5 at the time, the form stated that it would run consequently until she is 18. She's 8 now and we've so far never had to renew it.

coffeeaddictedandfat Sat 18-Jun-16 20:35:41

she, that is because your award is till 18. but once she gets to 18, it won't renew automatically.

PolterGoose Sat 18-Jun-16 20:41:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UKpompea Sun 19-Jun-16 09:03:49

Thanks everyone. Yes I was confused too. I thought the claim would need renewing about 6 months ago and then I got a new award letter through the post with another 5 years on it.

Here we go with the form again then I guess. Will it be the original claim form, does anybody know?

zzzzz Sun 19-Jun-16 13:34:09

It's on line so you can skim through it.

Shesinfashion Mon 20-Jun-16 17:47:50

Coffee, I didn't expect it to renew automatically at 18 (I'm still hoping she won't need it anymore at that age) but many people seem to have to renew it more frequently, annually even.

coffeeaddictedandfat Mon 20-Jun-16 17:56:29

yes, our first award was at 3 for 2 years and now we are on 4 years. no idea how they decide that as to how long give awards. DD has a chromosome disorder,severe ASD and LD and only little speech and language. and things won't really change/improve for her ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now