Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Did you take your DC's to tribunal?

(3 Posts)
unicornpoo1 Fri 17-Jun-16 10:34:43

I've got tribunal (ehc plan) with the LA coming up shortly. I've been asked if my DC wants to attend, he's 15 (asd) and able to voice his own opinion but I'm worried about discussing everything in front of him and the effect this might have.

Did anyone try this? Was it helpful? Any advice?

Lottielou7 Fri 17-Jun-16 13:49:55

I'm not sure if I'm the best person to advise on this but I personally would not consider taking either of my children to an appeal because I wouldn't be able to concentrate. Who is representing you? Have you asked them for advice?

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 19-Jun-16 12:19:05

If you take them, what will usually happen is that the panel will see them at the beginning of the hearing and then you will be expected to make arrangements for them to be taken away again. If your son is 15 I would think it's a good idea for him to feel his opinion has been heard.

if he doesn't want to go, get him to write down how he feels - leave him to do it completely unassisted - or else get him to record his views. You'll need to file what he writes or records in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now