Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Good stair gate for 3 year old

(5 Posts)
elliejjtiny Wed 15-Jun-16 20:59:25

My 3 year old has just learnt to open our lindam stair gate. He has GDD (about 18-20 months behind) as well as some other problems and I desperately need something not too expensive that will keep him safe. I've been looking at this site clicky link but not sure if I need extra tall or something with a Houdini proof lock. He's just over 90cm tall at the moment but I can imagine I'll still be needing a gate when he's quite a bit taller.

PolterGoose Wed 15-Jun-16 21:56:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youarenotkiddingme Thu 16-Jun-16 06:55:45

I agree tall and one that can be attached securely.

It may be with expanding the search looking at 'pet gates' as some stair gates are designed and sold just for children, some as general use and some specifically for withholding being jumped at and attempted to be jumped over!

elliejjtiny Fri 17-Jun-16 01:12:24

Thankyou. Good idea to look at pet gates.

Fairylea Fri 17-Jun-16 07:59:22

We have an extra tall pet gate from Amazon at the top of the stairs. It is pressure fit but very, very secure - you just can't budge it at all. We also have one across ds bedroom door as well so he can't wander around at night. He's 4 with asd and gdd and hasn't worked out how to open them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now