Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Someone please answer before I go mad. Protein levels in the blood. What does this mean?

(6 Posts)
WorstWeekNotCoping Thu 09-Jun-16 15:38:53

So we have had the worst week ever. DS started carbamazepine two and a half weeks ago and basically this week his lymph node swelled up to the size of a golf ball, so he went for some blood tests; the GP surgery wrote to me and said I needed to ring and make a face to face appointment.

The receptionist could only tell me it was about his protein levels in his blood.

They have no appointments till next week.

I'm 6 months pregnant and currently trying to stop myself going into pre term labour and I could not be more stressed.

what do you think it could Be?

Should I stop his meds? Is it causing him to have kidney failure?

zzzzz Thu 09-Jun-16 18:03:24

You should call them and ask them to phone you IMMEDIATELY angry

Ridiculous way to treat you both.

vjg13 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:11:42

Can you get an emergency appointment or at least a phone call tomorrow?

WorstWeekNotCoping Thu 09-Jun-16 19:20:07

I rang and complained and the GP then sent us straight to A&E. Just waiting here now

zzzzz Thu 09-Jun-16 19:27:33

Oh WELL DONE. star

I'm sorry you're there but hopefully they will help now.

Blondemummy1975 Thu 09-Jun-16 19:59:11

If I was in your position I would actually ask a pharmacist. Find out which ones are open and get down there. They understand so much more about pharmacokinetics than DRs do and will be able to tell you if you should be really worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now