Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SEN Post 16 Colleges

(8 Posts)
SENMumoftwo Tue 07-Jun-16 13:44:59

Is there anywhere I can find a list of these please?

DD is 15 and has ASD and is currently in an ASD specific school.

vjg13 Tue 07-Jun-16 17:57:48

Google Natspec, you can see what is in your area.

SENMumoftwo Tue 07-Jun-16 20:45:02

Thank you. I shall do that.

jigster01 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:13:38

I can name a few though a couple are specialist SLCN and Dyslexia and some are boarding ....
Moorhouse , More house , St Marys Bexhill, St Dominics iow, Farleigh house , Frewen college ....just a few for you to Google smile

SENMumoftwo Wed 08-Jun-16 08:45:45

Thank you.

They're now on my list smile

DigestiveBiscuit Wed 08-Jun-16 10:24:32

I think jigster means St Catherine's on the IOW, unless its closed down recently and been renamed. St Dominics is on the mainland.

There's also Alderwasley in Derbyshire and Dawn House in Nottinghamshire. Personal experience of Dawn House - its very good!

jigster01 Wed 08-Jun-16 10:42:10

Yes thank you !! I'm sure there is a st dominics too
Moorhouse fantastic !!!!

SymphonyofShadows Wed 08-Jun-16 12:47:10

DS (18) has been on a supported learning course at the local college for the past two years. I was intially very apprehensive but it's worked really well. They are mixed ability and have another unit for more specialist care. Its not boarding though. We are in Herts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now