Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD10 on autism spectrum

(7 Posts)
Mum2three77 Tue 31-May-16 18:10:36

What to do. She starts high school in sept. We had speech and language assessment who says she's on spectrum but Leicestershire have to have ed psych report as well. School keep saying they will do it but with 6 weeks of school left I can't see it happening at all.

Shannaratiger Tue 31-May-16 18:31:34

Keep on at them!!! She'll need the extra help/ awareness when she starts senior school.l

zzzzz Tue 31-May-16 18:40:45

Salt diagnosed ASD??? shock. Without any other professionals input???? shockshockshock

That sounds HIGHLY unusual. Did they put it in writing? What does the report actually say?

zzzzz Tue 31-May-16 18:42:03

Email school with two questions (numbered)

1) what date is Dd booked to see EP
2) what have they put in place to aid transition?

shazzarooney999 Thu 02-Jun-16 13:09:10

Go into school and ask what date the Ep will be in, I have a feeling they are waiting till shes left because they wont want the hassle, Salt cannot diagnose they can suggest in a round about way, as my sons has, by saying about lack of theory of mind and such like.

zzzzz Thu 02-Jun-16 13:16:43

SALT talking about traits IS NOT a covert way of them telling you your child has autism. It's perfectly possible to have bucketloads of traits and not have autism.
Email is better because it provides a written dated record.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 03-Jun-16 14:20:29

Was it an independent SALT assessment? The SALT may have had other qualifications which allowed her to diagnose!

As zzzzz said do everything by email!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now