Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP angst, advice, support, tips, get it off your chest.

(231 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 17:17:55

As the title suggests, if you need help or advice or just want to let off steam about the EHCP process feel free to get your thoughts down on here.

As usual we will all support each other and give whatever advice we can, and if we don't know the answers we'll try and find out for you or point you in the right direction.

StarlightMcKenzee Wed 11-May-16 17:24:08

Can you also let off steam here? Pretty please...Very quick.

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TS3V7WM

I had son's Annual review for his statement yesterday. He must be one of the last ones to have a statement review. Went alright. Terrified of starting the ECHP stuff.

IsItMeOr Wed 11-May-16 17:35:54

Survey done Starlight halo

IsItMeOr Wed 11-May-16 17:39:07

Now, I know a few people had unanswered threads which were mentioned in the Goose and Carrot. Happy to help with links if you tell me where they are smile.

I depressed myself when looking at the SN Education section and finding an old thread about how much parents spent on tribunal. Gulp.

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 17:40:07

I did the survey too, but I feel that the additional comments section wasn't big enough (not enough space to name and shame my LA.

IsItMeOr Wed 11-May-16 17:40:23

Here's the thread drspouse started linky

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 17:44:12

I doubt that we could even afford private assessments/ reports never mind tribunal, I am scared witless at the thought of having to do it.

StarlightMcKenzee Wed 11-May-16 17:47:34

If you get legal aid (and the bar is VERY high for that unfortunately) then you can get free expert reports.

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 18:03:17

Star how high is high?

StarlightMcKenzee Wed 11-May-16 18:08:42

Well if you have any assets at all, including a house however tiny/cheap, you're out.

AugustaFinkNottle Wed 11-May-16 18:09:47

Don't be scared of going to tribunal, it's not as difficult as you might think. Also SOS SEN run good parent-friendly workshops on how to do it.

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 18:23:38

We have a house, it's small but not cheap (South East prices and a mortgage to match).

The problem with SOS!SEN workshops is being able to get to one and back the same day, and being able to take time off of work.

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 18:32:18

I farted on forages in the box at the end of the surveyblush

My question is If you name a school on an ehcp can you get it amended?

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 18:33:28

I posted on the other ehcp thread but perhaps that wasn't what it was forconfused

StarlightMcKenzee Wed 11-May-16 18:48:08

If the new place has spaces and the cost of changing is neutral then it should be easy enough.

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 18:58:27

It would be considerably cheaper I would guess but they might not be keen.

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 18:59:19

Whoops wrong thread!

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 19:05:40

zzzzz, I would also assume that it would be fairly easy but dependent on circumstances.

enterthedragon Wed 11-May-16 19:09:54

What would happen if at a yr11 AR a FE college is named but a child is later not accepted onto the course because of not gaining high enough results at GCSE level.

IsItMeOr Wed 11-May-16 19:33:12

I farted on forages it took me ages to figure out what you meant. I kept seeing the last word as Farage for some reason. But then couldn't figure out how it linked to the survey grin.

I can't see any reason why requesting a change of school should be problematic, so long as the school can meet the needs, and there is no cost implications, e.g. transport and I suspect that it costs more for an LA to pay for support in a private school than a mainstream one.

IsItMeOr Wed 11-May-16 19:39:31

zzzzz does this IPSEA page help you?

I think it's saying that, if you already have an EHCP, the process to ask for a change is via the annual review, and that you can request an early one.

Also this section on choice of school looks helpful.

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 19:40:33

IF we changed track it would be SS (generic) 45 mins each way to comp (academy) local, but he would need full time ta and his own syllabus (still ks1 y6)

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 19:42:19

I farted on forages is one of my more brilliant typos. I was thinking bilious mushroom gathering grin.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 11-May-16 19:45:39

Is it ok to fill in the survey if you've still got a statement? Nothing out of my LA about converting DS yet, I suspect he is about the only yr 7 left with a statement as the rest were converted while he was still in the process.

zzzzz Wed 11-May-16 19:46:09

isit flowers that's REALLY helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now