Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

another tube feeding questions

(5 Posts)
OpheliasWeepingWillow Sun 08-May-16 19:55:46

Right now I live in the USA and my insurance arranges tube feeding supplies for my daughter.

If I relocate back to the UK how would this work? Through my GP?

Kanga59 Mon 09-May-16 21:43:40

Yes. Once hour consultant has advised the gp what is needed

winningticketholder Thu 12-May-16 10:02:13

If Scotland then GP will refer to hospital where Dietician will oversee care and order supplies which are then delivered direct to your home. Be aware the orders are bulky so you need storage!

BorrowedHeart Wed 18-May-16 13:49:16

It's done via the community nurses here in northern Ireland, we get her milk from the gp and the hypafix to hold the tube in place but the actual ng tubes in our case come from the nurses along with syringes and ph strips.

NothingMoreThanFelines Sat 04-Jun-16 14:44:49

In London boroughs, the hospital, GP or community paeds nurses put you in touch with a company that delivers your syringes and tubes regularly. The community nurses prescribe adhesives and skin protector. Paediatrician or dietician will prescribe milk, if you need special formula, and this can be on repeat order from the pharmacist. As a previous poster mentioned, you get inundated with boxes of supplies, so it's good to have storage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now