Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Blaming other peple!

(3 Posts)
shazzarooney99 Wed 27-Apr-16 23:46:07

do any of your children do this? go and win a brother or sister up and then say it was the brother or sister that started it? we get this a heck of a lot and we are trying to tell him that it is actually him that is starting it but he does not seem to get it?

zzzzz Thu 28-Apr-16 07:08:37

Every child I have ever known does that to a greater or lesser degree.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 28-Apr-16 09:28:49

Dd3 has difficulty recognising her own part in issues! A classic example happened yesterday when she kicked me quite hard as she was scrambling on the the sofa next to me (bearing in mind she is the size of an adult). I complained as you do and she said it was myfault because my leg was in the way confused

Obviously I am an adult and can attempt to explain and teach her (and this as only very minor so not worth stressing over) but another child or a sibling and it would probably have caused an issue!

I do agree with zzzzz that it is normal for siblings especially todo this loads but I also think that children with Asd take a lot longer to learn social rules. And you need to be actively teaching them, they wont be learned by osmosis like non asd children!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now