Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Gadget to stop toddler unwinding car window?

(5 Posts)
2boysnamedR Tue 22-Mar-16 17:30:46

The manual type window. Dh has all lockable electric Windows. Just bought my car and kicking myself as ds3 threw his coat of the window on a 60mph road. I thought he was going to follow it!

Yes he's strapped into a three point harness car seat

blankmind Wed 23-Mar-16 12:25:37

Crikey, that could have caused a nasty accident if it had obscured someone's windscreen.

Is he in the back? Could you move his seat to the middle so he can't reach the window handle.

If not, ask the garage to take the handle off the inside of the door so no-one can wind that window down.

2boysnamedR Wed 23-Mar-16 14:29:34

I can't really move him into the middle as he's got a blue badge so I'm already lifting him into his seat. I can't get him to climb into his seat. Looks like the winder is coming off then.

I did really shout at him yesterday which seems to shock him. I was hoping there was a gadget to lock it? Or a gadget that makes him behave! ( only kidding - I'm just so angry with his bonkers antics)

He had the window fully down in about five seconds. Don't know how - with his feet I guess? I though he was going out the window too at one point.

He's thrown booster seat at my head while driving before. Imagine if that had gone out the window? Lucky he's passenger side or it could have hit oncoming traffic.

What ever steps you take to prevent disaster they throw you a curve ball. I didn't think he can do this

megletthesecond Fri 25-Mar-16 08:59:28

Oh, my 7yo dd has sailed close to this a few times. So far she's 'only' lobbed her big brothers pe kit out when we're driving into a car park. It's a constant worry though. She's undone her seat belt a couple of times.

I'm a lp and it's so hard to drive while monitoring her behaviour in the back. Although we don't use the car very often thank goodness.

2boysnamedR Fri 25-Mar-16 12:39:02

I have to drive along this fast country road every day to get to his brothers school. It was raining yesterday so he got very wet and cold! Going on a longer drive today. If he opens it today it's coming off.

It's always something. Spitting, stripping and now this. What's next I wonder? He's keeping my brain active wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now