Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Making sense of massive discrepency between levels.

(4 Posts)
Lazeedayz Tue 15-Mar-16 20:07:02

Ds is 11 and in Y7. He has ASD.

He went to a ms primary with full time support.

He left with L5s, he was a L5 for reading in Y4, Maths in Y5, Writing in Y6 so I am quite confident tha his levels arent inflated for SATs.

He is now in an indi ASD. He was recently assessed by the school EP, who used WIAT II UK he scored in 97th & 98th percentile which is age equivalent of 16 years. This is inline with previous EP reports.

Previous EP reports using WRAT have assessed him as 99%ile + WISC he normally scores high average but then very low for working memory & processing speed.

His school report from indi asd school based in a classroom setting they have provided new levelling which age equivalent, Maths - Y4, English - Y5, so L3s

In the blurb of the maths from school EP report not, school report it says " in the Mathamatical Reasoning subtest, laze ds worked quickly, mainly in nis head (although he was offered paper and pencil for calculations) and could answer maths problems involving fractions, decimals, probability, weight and measurements and graphs. Again not fitting the working at Y4 equiv.

At AR in Dec, the EP did raise that she was concerned about the difference in what she was seeing and what he was showing in class. I thought she was referring to L5s compared to age equivalent 16, not Y4 so probably around L3- age equiv 16.

Any advice? Im stumped

PolterGoose Tue 15-Mar-16 20:57:14

Ant chance he performs better under test conditions? My ds does, considerably so, especially maths.

PolterGoose Tue 15-Mar-16 21:01:29

Any chance...

Lazeedayz Tue 15-Mar-16 21:28:43

I dont know for sure but I doubt it. Hes a perfectionist so gets extremely anxious, and will have a meltdown over any mistakes. The mental maths part of SATs took a lot of prectice and supprt until he was able to cope with being timed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now