Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

who supports the parents??

(5 Posts)
whatatod0 Wed 02-Mar-16 23:10:28

Where can I go to to get help? Dd has ASD and gets violent and abusive. Who is my support group? Who do contact now we're done with CAHMS?

BackforGood Thu 03-Mar-16 00:32:12

NAS (National Autistic Society) are very good - all sorts of different ways to speak to different people - on line, in support groups, training, forums, FB groups, etc.

Contact a Family are also helpful in putting you in touch with what is happening locally to you.

DigestiveBiscuit Thu 03-Mar-16 08:24:49

I'd contact Children's Social Services and ask for an assessment of need of him under S17 of The Children's Act, and carers' assessments of you and his father - point out any siblings are children in need.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 03-Mar-16 09:20:14

Other parents have been my best support! On here and closed groups on facebook!

I also go to a face to face support group and have done lots of courses and been to conferences to learn as much as I can about Dd3's disability!

I also read, lots! I recommend "The explosive child" bu Ross Greene as a good starting point!

Good luck, oh and welcome flowers

whatatod0 Thu 03-Mar-16 16:33:35

thanks people. I'll follow up on those suggestions.
Yes, I found the Explosive Child the must useful book so far. I never know what to do when it all goes wrong though. My bedroom now stinks of Omega 3 fish oil after dd burst the capsules and threw them all over my room. That's going to be a nightmare to get rid of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now