Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Optometrist assessment for a child

(6 Posts)
Morebiscuitsplease Fri 19-Feb-16 18:45:28

Following an Ed Psych assessment, It was suggested we visit an optometrist as she avoids reading and skips letters and words. Does anybody have any idea how much these assessments are. I am assuming we will have to pay, she has had a basic NHS sight test. It sounds worth it as I think it could make a big difference.

Goingthroughnamechanges Fri 19-Feb-16 21:44:27

We were referred to an optometrist through our HV. I'd probably ask them or your GP for a referral unless you're happy going private

ouryve Fri 19-Feb-16 22:42:38

We got DS2 referred to the optologist at the hospital.

Some independent high street opticians offer specialist services for dyslexia, etc. It's worth googling for one near you and giving them a call to find out what the score is. Meantime, talk to your GP or paediatrician, anyhow.

frazzledbutcalm Sat 20-Feb-16 10:00:39

this man is fab, and free!

Others offer similar testing now and is usually about £250.

mrswolf Sat 20-Feb-16 10:24:13

If in Wales Cardiff university offers clinics or in England Anglia in Cambridge.

mrswolf Sat 20-Feb-16 10:28:51

Just noticed there are clinics at Aston (Birmingham) and Bradford universities too.

This is a well respected optician if you want to look at private fees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now