Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

HELP FIGHT CLOSURE OF RESPITE HOME

(10 Posts)
alanssis Thu 28-Jan-16 14:06:26

Ealing Council want to close Heller House, it is the only respite facility in the borough to offer this kind of support to disabled children and their families,
my own brother spent most of our childhood having respite there and I know it saved my family and so so many others, my brother is now 43 so Heller House has been helping families for many years and closing it would be so WRONG and would be disasterous for so many families
They are making the final decision on February 16th!

PLEASE sign and share this online petition to make them reconsider and look at another option
www.change.org/p/let-ealing-council-know-there-is-a-third-option-for-children-s-respite-in-ealing-please-sign-and-share?recruiter=2911049&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

birdlover1977 Thu 28-Jan-16 16:08:09

I signed the petition and shared on Facebook. Such a worthy cause.

alanssis Thu 28-Jan-16 16:33:35

thank you, it really IS so important that they do not make this HUGE mistake and close Heller House

cansu Thu 28-Jan-16 20:38:25

Signed. Respite is massively important. This kind of shit really pisses me off. Hope you get plenty of support.

Tambaboy Fri 29-Jan-16 08:25:55

Signed. We had a similar issue in our county a few years ago and the public pressure made the LA backtrack their decision and kept the respite home open.
Best of luck.

SENMumoftwo Sun 31-Jan-16 11:45:31

Signed. Really hope it helps.

Good luck.

Samcro Sun 31-Jan-16 11:53:48

signed

Anomia10 Sun 31-Jan-16 12:23:03

Signed!

alanssis Sun 31-Jan-16 21:48:01

PLEASE keep signing and sharing the petition everywhere. If they do close Heller House Ealing Council plans to send all disabled children in the borough whose families deserately this respite, to HARROW and HOUNSLOW where there is surely enough demand from families in their own boroughs so many families will not be able to receive this vital support if that is the case and why should they have to send their children out of their home towns??

reader108 Mon 01-Feb-16 11:12:42

Signed and shared. They closed ours care in the home!!!! Who wants strangers in your house looking after your kids not as well as you some break

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now