Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Stuck..

(4 Posts)
Churchdowndolly Sat 02-Jan-16 12:58:25

Hi! First time posting but need some opinions, apologies in advance if it's long.
So my ds who's 2.5 suffers from asthma and allergies and has been in high dependency unit 8 times.
My dd who is 10 is going through the process of an asd assessment.
My partner has aspergers.
My sons nursery called me in before Xmas to discuss my sons social development and feels that he is showing autistic tendancies and have put him on a my plan.
Home life is very hectic as both my partner and dd are very messy and disorganised although they try very hard not to be. I work in care and education for disabled young adults and the job is mentally very draining although I love it.
At the moment I'm seriously considering giving up work to focus on both my children and making sure I can attend appointments assessments etc. like I mentioned before my son is in and out of hospital with his asthma also which means I have time off to be with him which work so far has been ok with.
I'm not really sure what exactly I'm asking. I guess it's a what would you do question? We would suffer financially but would still be ok if we were careful.
Thank you.

Sirzy Sat 02-Jan-16 13:28:36

You have to sit down and work out what is best for your family.

My son is a brittle asthmatic and also has autism (in the process of diagnosis) and other related problems.

I was working full time and was finding that impossible, the balance just wasn't working so I went to doing agency work as and when but even with that the amount of time I am free to work is minimal.

Churchdowndolly Sat 02-Jan-16 13:31:39

Thanks sirzy. My son is brittle asthmatic too and it's so frightening. I feel the same as you with finding the balance and just feel like I should be around more. My partner says we will be ok and I should do what I feel is best but it's a big step

Sirzy Sat 02-Jan-16 13:55:33

Have you applied for DLA? Worth trying and if you get it then you will also be able to get careers allowance if you stop working

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now