Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What were your dc's surprise present hits this year?

(14 Posts)
PolterGoose Mon 28-Dec-15 16:15:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Borka Mon 28-Dec-15 22:29:07

That crafty cat money box is brilliant, I'm now trying to think of an excuse to buy DS an after-Christmas present!

His favourites are:

Air Power Soccer Disc (Thanks sazale for mentioning this on the other presents thread)

Soft toy guinea pig because it looks just like one of our real guinea pigs but he can cuddle it in bed!

bath crayons

Ineedmorepatience Mon 28-Dec-15 22:31:27

None!! My goodness polter surprises!! shock [ grin]

hazeyjane Mon 28-Dec-15 22:45:36

A sellotape dispenser you wear on your wrist, which dispense exactly the right amount of sellotape perfectly, every time. Ds is in heaven

sazale Tue 29-Dec-15 00:05:30

Glad the soccer disc was a hit borka! It's a hit in our house too especially with the dog, ha ha.

The real surprise hit in our house was a little bluetooth speaker for ds age 8 and this magic wand notebook for dd age 16
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DGQ1K8Q/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_193_10?ie=UTF8&dpID=51rMLGvFgjL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL115_SR88%2C115_&refRID=1M2871PZF8BYFBRWQVP6

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Tue 29-Dec-15 00:09:04

Battery operated pencil sharpener, DS(dyspraxic) has always found regular ones tricky. I love it too.

That soccer disc looks good, he's forever kicking a tennis ball round the house and his birthday is coming up smile

2boysnamedR Tue 29-Dec-15 00:18:03

For my toddler with asd? All the presents to other kids he took a fancy too!

Had no idea what was going on but it was Black Friday for him - run and grab anything that looked good! He didn't open his!!!

Lesley25 Wed 30-Dec-15 14:39:27

Scooter for us! Desperately trying to ride it!

PolterGoose Wed 30-Dec-15 14:47:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeirAya Wed 30-Dec-15 15:00:46

Soccer disc amazing

Christmas jumpers also unexpectedly popular

Lesley25 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:20:02

Ah yes Xmas jumper was v popular too.

DamedifYouDo Wed 30-Dec-15 22:28:30

Ds loves spinning things and if we come across one of those big charity collection bins that the coin spins round in we can't move past it!
I bought him a toy version and it has been a huge success. www.spiralwishingwells.com/toy/index.html

The surprise hit was something I bought for cooking, some silicone ties - ds loves them and they have become a new fiddle toy!!!! www.amazon.co.uk/SILICONE-FOOD-FASTENING-ROASTING-BOILING/dp/B00F93DXQQ

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 30-Dec-15 23:48:31

Oh yes, DS was obsessed with one of those coin rolling charity things for a while, I'd forgotten that.

2boysnamedR Thu 31-Dec-15 01:41:29

Not a Christmas present - but
Ikea spinning chair. All my kids love it!

It's my ds2 office. Spinning, pull down complete cover what's not to love? it takes up too much room and ds3 loves to spin it too fast just as the baby plonks her bum down sending her flying across the room

I need one so I can pull the cover down and escape the mess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now