car seat grant/ help

(3 Posts)
ilovesprouts Wed 23-Dec-15 17:25:52

Ds is nine he has sn today when he was in the car he managed to climb out of the seat belt,he has a clip that goes in the bit that clicks in but now he climbs out of it going on the motorway etc .does anybody know where I could get a grant or some cost towards one thanks.

OP’s posts: |
hazeyjane Wed 23-Dec-15 18:21:05

We used the family fund to purchase a car seat for ds.

this has all the information to see if you are eligible.

AgnesDiPesto Fri 25-Dec-15 02:43:49

You should be able get this free via OT. Usually it's the Occupational therapist at social services / council who organises equipment like this, not the NHS. Do you have a disabled children team social worker? Try looking at council website on their local offer for aids and equipment. They should fund something like a crelling harness. You can ask for OT assessment by council to see what equipment etc you need. We have had a large buggy on loan and some door alarms etc fitted for free. If nothing on local offer just ring social care and ask for disabled children team.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in