Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A quick question - textbook fees for DS with statement at independent school - LA to pay?

(4 Posts)
pannetone Tue 22-Dec-15 23:01:29

I am expecting that they should but my LA may have different ideas... DS has been at the school since April but this is the first invoice for books which has been sent to us. I wanted to check who's respnsible before I ask the school to invoice the LA.

Actually on the invoice 'equipment/DVD/stationery' are itemisied separately - (at £20 rather than the £166 for books). This seems to cover the student planner, art sketchbook and a Maths DVD. Should I be paying this bit?

After the summer term (so Ds's first term) I did pay the invoice for trips and activity week just as I would have when DS was at state school.

Dipankrispaneven Wed 23-Dec-15 00:01:14

Assuming the statement names the school, the LA should pay.

pannetone Wed 23-Dec-15 13:09:45

Thanks Dipankrisp - yes, the statement names the school. So should the LA pay stationery and equipment fees as well as books?

zzzzz Wed 23-Dec-15 13:14:17

I think they pay for books and you pay for stationary (this is what happens at my daughters state secondary school in effect as books are provided but we paid£20 for "art kit"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now