Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Parents with spd after their child has been assessed

(5 Posts)
Lindseyepps28 Thu 17-Dec-15 16:32:04

Sorry I know this is a children special need but an wondering if one on here has been diagnosed with spd. I have always struggled with light touch, social situration (fearing touch), loud noises and smell which affect my eating. The question is could spd explain my difficult childhood and adult difficultulies, if so how did anyone get diagnosed or help themselves and their child? Thanks

PolterGoose Thu 17-Dec-15 16:55:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2boysnamedR Thu 17-Dec-15 17:00:35

I think I have some sensory issues. I get to the point in the day and I can't tolerate any more noise. Sometimes in loud situations I feel like my brain rattles.

I think really I might score above criteria for asd as well.

However I'm not really interested in being diagnosed. I can't / won't ever change.

I have a science degree and currently work in IT. Too many red flags.

I can just zone out in loud places. I imagine my brain is a dishwasher and it's spinning about which is how I cope.

PolterGoose Thu 17-Dec-15 17:16:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2boysnamedR Thu 17-Dec-15 22:19:01

I just make my own noise and mess in my head and zone into that. I don't switch off as such - I ramp up internally to drawn it out.

I read a link about a adult woman with asd and sensory issues. A lot of it I couldn't relate to it at that level. I can't stand people getting into my personal space like queueing and airports. But things like the feeling of clothes I don't get.

Also although I don't like public speaking I can do it. I can do work presentations ( I hate it but you possibly could never tell). Which I guess is fairly normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now