Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

need a sensory cushion type thing for use in a car booster seat

(8 Posts)
batteredlanger Wed 16-Dec-15 21:34:37

Does such a thing exist? Ds with adhd, maybe asd. Can't sit still or leave his siblings alone in car. Need something to make car journeys less stressful for all. Any ideas?

minipie Wed 16-Dec-15 21:58:08

Saw this on amazon the other day. Is that what you had in mind? it's 26cm sq so don't know if that would fit his seat.

minipie Wed 16-Dec-15 22:01:40

Just realised that cushion may make the car seat unsafe eg if it raises him up. What about fiddle toys?

PolterGoose Wed 16-Dec-15 22:18:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

batteredlanger Wed 16-Dec-15 22:30:38

Thanks . Yeah, I didnt want to put something in his seat that wasn't specifically designed for the job. I cant help but think there must be something fit for this purpose out there already.or a booster seat that already incorporates the fidgety element. Someone should design one if there isn't. Yes, distraction, toys etc work up to a point, but seem to losing effectiveness, car journeys getting more snd mre stressful, even just the school run. Sorry about typos. On stupid phone, fat fingers, dont know how to work it properly.

batteredlanger Wed 16-Dec-15 22:32:26

I might try him in the high backed booster again and see how thst goes. Thsnks.

zzzzz Thu 17-Dec-15 08:37:02

Best thing for us was iPad in the car. Stick educational apps on and you kill two birds with one stone wink
Make sure he doesn't need the toilet as full bladder/bowel ALWAYS causes issues for everyone children.
ANYTHING that is freely/squidgey

batteredlanger Fri 18-Dec-15 18:07:08

Thsnks zzzzz, an I pad is on my xmas list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now