Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Supervision question

(8 Posts)
zzzzz Thu 10-Dec-15 19:06:17

It strikes me as I sit here supervising da in the bath mnnetting and cleaning the bathroom that I'm not sure if it's necessary confused

Ss has the understanding of a 4ish year old but is healthy and strong yr6. He's not going to drown is he?

The bath is his peaceful place. Washing gets done in about 3 mins the rest is lounging.

Why am I herehmmconfusedconfused

zzzzz Thu 10-Dec-15 19:07:02

Da and Ss are typos I mean DS

PolterGoose Thu 10-Dec-15 19:25:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Thu 10-Dec-15 19:41:08

I don't mind really. I mean it's quite peaceful, but I think it was "to keep him safe" originally grin

PolterGoose Thu 10-Dec-15 20:41:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Meloncoley2 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:34:30

I think it's called quality parenting time ( in my house )

zzzzz Fri 11-Dec-15 11:24:57

It's generally referred to as "shirking" here (or would be if anyone dared to voice it grin ), because downstairs there are 4 other children usually the remains of supper and dregs of homework to wrestle with.

I am a profoundly lazy person. I keep hoping I will one day wakeup and be a "busy person".....sadly so far no luck. brew

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 11-Dec-15 13:01:45

DH was 'in charge' of bath time and is a lazy arse more lax than me. I thought that DS2 was developing independence and was shutting the door for privacy.

Turns out DS2 was smuggling his iPad in there and not getting in the bath that had been run for him. When checked on through the door I would say "I can't hear water" so he learnt to put his hands in the water to make splashing sounds. We live in and old house with old, cracked doors. Kneeling down and putting my eye to the crack I could see his feet - still on dry land. His next trick was to roll up his trousers and stand in the bath so that I could not see him standing by the side!! He's really got the hang of deception grin

The door stays open now and we are back to supervised washing. He has toys in the bath and likes it when he is in but hates the transition. We now run the bath and then agree a time he will get in (i.e. how long this youtube video is).

When DH does it, it really is shirking as he goes and lies on the bed and listens to The Archers and then thinks he deserves praise hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now