Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

an awful Monday

(5 Posts)
diamondmoon Tue 08-Dec-15 07:35:02

My ds who I have spoken about on here before has been suspended again until next Monday. He got angry again trashed his classroom and then threw chair at his head and it hit his face. I feel so sick. Not slept all night. The way everybody looks at me at the school and how I hate they all talking about me. Meeting Monday for his fate. Not sure I can take anymore

Runningtokeepstill Tue 08-Dec-15 09:29:17

This school isn't right for him. They are not needing his needs. I've read your last thread and you were getting in touch with IPSEA and the Local Authority exclusion officer. Did you manage to do this? You need information and some support at this time.

It's hard, and can seem impossible at times, but you need to be strong for your son now as he needs your support. Despite what people at school might say, children don't choose to be this unhappy. They don't go into school thinking they'll have a meltdown and throw chairs around. Try to rise above any unsympathetic looks and comments. Your son is entitled to an education but needs a different environment.

I know there are other posters on MN whose dc's school places have broken down, who have said that, although it was stressful at the time, it lead to a better school place. Be kind to yourself and your son at this time.

Themodernuriahheep Tue 08-Dec-15 09:50:15

Running is right.and the la has a duty to provide education and it will be in their interests as well as yours to find the right school. Try to opt for a managed move rather than heading down permanent exclusion, will be better on his cv and girl his self esteem.

Themodernuriahheep Tue 08-Dec-15 09:50:42

For, not girl!

ruthsmaoui77 Tue 08-Dec-15 17:03:34

I am so sorry to hear this. You and your ds have been through so much this term. I know it's a real pain but a week off school may be just what he needs right now. This time of year is really stressful because of all the unstructured activities at school. Many kids find this hard. Make sure you keep all evidence of his suspensions because you will need these when you apply for an ehcp. Best wishes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now