Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Coping with anxiety?

(11 Posts)
JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 10:09:44

My 6 year old nearly 7 suffers with bad anxiety, anxiety rate from 1-10 is never below 7. I am just wondering if anyone here has a child who suffers from anxiety and if so how do they cope with it?

The responses on this site have been great so far, I'll be grateful for any replies.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Dec-15 10:55:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 11:43:19

Hi 'waves'

- He is just constantly anxious about everything so I don't know what is triggering it. He hasn't been assessed by an OT I had to go private to get him diagnosed just really didn't want to wait.

- I am going to look into those books, hopefully I can get them on digital download.

- Sorry for going off subject, it is his Birthday on Wednesday and unfortunately we are not going to be able to give him a great day like he deserves because he doesn't take well to surprises.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Dec-15 11:50:26

JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 12:09:05

Do you think it is worth me getting the NHS to assess him also? The school are doing their best to support him, but he does need a lot more they can not offer 1-1 I have looked at another school online but it is a bit far away from where we live.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Dec-15 12:21:30

JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 12:34:58

He is not on NHS waiting list, I wouldn't usually go private but I just didn't want to wait as NHS waiting lists can be so long, he was seen by a Psychiatrist who diagnosed him.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Dec-15 12:44:50

JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 12:59:01

All I was given by the Psychiatrist is a leaflet.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Dec-15 13:01:55

JoPerignon Sun 06-Dec-15 13:09:42

Thank you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now