Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Need hand holding through EHCP application.

(6 Posts)
Youarentkiddingme Thu 03-Dec-15 13:30:26

Ds placement is not working. He's year 7 with ASD and dyspraxic tendencies due to low muscle tone and core stability.

He is making progress academically due to high cognitive functioning however is not progressing in literacy without support. Socially no progress is being made and personal care skills are regressing.

His ability to reason verbally is poor and this affects his ability to record his knowledge.

School will only offer Sen support - such as ELSA and touch typing out of school hours hmm.

So my first port of call is the application for assessment. Any advice?

Dipankrispaneven Fri 04-Dec-15 15:48:37

Have a look at the IPSEA website.

Youarentkiddingme Fri 04-Dec-15 20:04:53

Yeah done that, contacted support for send and looked at SENDCOP.
I know going through its very different from the theory though!

Have gathered loads of evidence so far - took someone great to make me realise it was evidence.

Dipankrispaneven Sun 06-Dec-15 09:34:04

You need to go on your Local Offer website to find out how to apply for an EHC assessment.

Ineedapiginblanket Sun 06-Dec-15 11:28:46

There is a template letter on the ipsea website! Just go forit!! If your authority decide not to assess which they probably will anyway just because its a parental request, just appeal! Getting an appeal seems to focus them and many authorities will concede!

If you think your Ds needs an EHCP just do it, dont wait for school.

There are lots of people on here who can help you.

Good luck flowers

Youarentkiddingme Sun 06-Dec-15 21:44:57

I'm going for it. Current placement won't help. They are ignoring his SpLD and removed it hmm think they can judge my child's mood and decide whether he needs to use his timeout card - despite Camhs psych saying they couldn't judge it themselves and will only offer Sen support outside of school hours.

I've downloaded ipsea template - how much info should I give? Support for send (old PP) are ring me next week and they said they will help. I've just gathered a load of evidence and made a load of notes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now