Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Applying for jobs with disabilities

(4 Posts)
StillMedusa Wed 25-Nov-15 10:15:48

Asking as I have no clue! DS2 (18) has mild/moderate learning disabilities and ASD... was statemented, special schooled etc. Currently doing a MENCAP traineeship two days a week and volunteering one other day..but this finishes in February and I have no idea what to do next!

He is capable of work.. he can catch one bus independently, is hard working and lovely natured and loves helping others, and is actually paid one hour a week helping younger children at out SN sports club. He WANTS to work.

But stuff like supermarket jobs all seem to do online recruitment needing the applicant to tick a million correct boxes... he can't do that . But I see other learning disabled adults employed at Asda, Sainburys etc and wonder how they get interviewed if they can't do the online applications? DS2 really could do shelf stacking, trolley collecting... and for that matter simple care work as he really is great at helping others but I have no idea how to help him.

If anyone has any idea what resources there are (he currently gets ESA if that is relevant) or who to ask... I'd be grateful for advice.

StillMedusa Wed 25-Nov-15 10:22:06

Sorry wrong forum!!! I'll get it moved!

PolterGoose Wed 25-Nov-15 11:28:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CMOTDibbler Wed 25-Nov-15 11:36:40

It looks like Asda work with Remploy to recruit and support staff with disabilities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now