Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How to tackle aggression, rudeness and lack of friendships (most likely ADHD) ?

(7 Posts)
catbasilio Thu 12-Nov-15 09:31:01

My 7yo DS struggles at school. He is in Y3. While he is smart and can work hard, the major issue is relations with his peers. As I reed it is a classic case of ADHD. We are awaiting for his assessment and referral to ed psych. While we await, DS lashes out on his classmates constantly, including physically. For example, someone accidentally stepped on his foot, he pushed that child very hard so the child fell. He has no friends. The ones he calls friends, he is almost bullying. He treats them badly.
We talk and talk at home, but it leads nowhere. He is ignorant to punishments (for example not going to scouts camp).
To be honest I am convinced that medication could help, but I don't think we could try until diagnosed, so what would be the tips to cope with aggression, being mean, being a bully and lack of friendships due to his behaviour.

I would like to find a support group with other ADHD children (Croydon), to help him make connections outside school, but this is only one idea that I have.

PolterGoose Thu 12-Nov-15 10:08:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catbasilio Thu 12-Nov-15 10:22:26

Thanks! I have the Explosive child have read it. It is very good. My problem is that however we manage at home, I cannot influence DS behaviour at school. He still does all the wrong with his peers. He is good with the teacher though.

PolterGoose Thu 12-Nov-15 10:26:57

catbasilio Thu 12-Nov-15 10:31:27

Noting down all the titles, thanks! DS is much better when he does not have to interact with his peers, but that is unlikely at school. I will read through the sources you gave and then talk to the school again.

PolterGoose Thu 12-Nov-15 10:35:53

catbasilio Thu 12-Nov-15 11:01:32

Noting down all the titles, thanks! DS is much better when he does not have to interact with his peers, but that is unlikely at school. I will read through the sources you gave and then talk to the school again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now