Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Planning for the future

(6 Posts)
Mrsmoneyworries Wed 04-Nov-15 13:17:07

At what age should I be concentrating on the preparation to adulthood on an EHCP transfer. My child is 14.

I realise it's important to get the right info in it all the time, but I'm worried I'll leave something obvious out.

QueenStreaky Wed 04-Nov-15 21:24:41

Planning should start in school from Y9 onwards.

Have you read the SEN COP 2015? Section 8 is about Preparing For Adulthood and that might answer your questions: here

Mrsmoneyworries Wed 04-Nov-15 22:25:59

She's just gone in to the SS's equivalent to year 10. Transferring over to EHCP, so I really don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

I've not updated myself on the new SEN COP tbh. Lots of reading planned for me.

QueenStreaky Thu 05-Nov-15 06:41:56

You might want to chase them up, point out the legislation and ask for them to start planning. Sounds like they've overlooked it. A lot of schools and LAs aren't as familiar yet with the new legislation as they should be so it's sometimes up to us to keep them right. Nicely, obvs wink.

Mrsmoneyworries Thu 05-Nov-15 11:02:31

I'm always nice to 'them' grin and this is one thing I've not actually pointed out to them.

Once again, thank you. I really should be more up to date, especially with having 2 going over to EHCP confused

QueenStreaky Thu 05-Nov-15 11:12:14

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now