Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

is this unusual?

(12 Posts)
Noeuf Sat 24-Oct-15 20:37:17

Ds is nearly 8. Of the four one has asd and two have ocd. (Dx via NHS/en route to dx).
Ds does not have anything official. He was checked out as a child due to a condition pre natal which is usually linked to other dx. It can cause issues according to google but is a bit unresearched. He had bacterial meningitis as a baby but was given the all clear after a hospital stay.

Anyway - outside activity tell me he can't really concentrate or sit still. At swimming he is often put on the side as he is very flitty.

He runs round shops, museums etc and touches things. At the park this is fine!
He is currently chewing everything. Right now he is eating his dressing gown cord, it's soaking. This weirdly appears to coincide with fairly calm moments.

He is always being shouted at by his siblings for general movement and ruining to programmes by jittery behaviour.

Sensory seeking? Poorly disciplined? ADHD? Nothing?

zzzzz Sat 24-Oct-15 21:04:12

I don't know but I have a similar chap at home. Watching telly with him is....active! He bounds continually.grin

Noeuf Sat 24-Oct-15 21:34:21

Have you ever worried beyond being a bit annoyed? grin

PolterGoose Sat 24-Oct-15 21:38:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Noeuf Sat 24-Oct-15 21:43:19

I was kind of thinking that. I might ask at parents evening (coming up). They had him doing circuits and then took him off - it's just at nearly eight to be be flagged up at both activities as jumpy, inattentive, distracted etc is a bit much!

zzzzz Sat 24-Oct-15 21:53:06

I don't think worried is exactly how I'd describe it. I am aware of it, in our case I'm not convinced anything needs doing as such.

Noeuf Sun 25-Oct-15 17:03:09

Oh okay. I think I'm past aware and entering mildly concerned

PolterGoose Sun 25-Oct-15 18:29:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Sun 25-Oct-15 19:24:52

I live in a particularly tedious area for support neof. If it was easier and I wasn't already really struggling with lea/Nhs I might start the ball rolling.

Noeuf Sun 25-Oct-15 20:14:45

Well, I'm not sure I don't! grin
Spent four years roughly backwards and forwards waiting for certainty about ds1.
I may ask about an OT referral via school as a first step.

zzzzz Sun 25-Oct-15 20:18:28

Still in-dxd after 8 years here...

You probably are far better at all this than me grin

Noeuf Mon 26-Oct-15 20:23:13

Doubt it, it's still tough now.
Think I will see what school say at parents evening and if they will do an OT referral. If not, GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now