Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD has a dx of Global Developmental Delay.... can anyone tell me more about this dx...?

(4 Posts)
josben Sat 17-Oct-15 22:36:33

I am feeling a bit helpless with things at the moment, and i feel DD is isolated, she is very behind her peers academically, socially and with her interactions... i wish there was group i could take her to for social side of things. She is desperate for friends sad

c4kedout Sun 18-Oct-15 07:39:35

how old is your DD? global developmental delay is more of an description of her difficulties (I.e. delays in several areas). often children start out with GDD and once they are a bit older receive a more refined diagnosis (such as Asd).

josben Sun 18-Oct-15 08:08:49

Hi - thanks for your response.

DD is 9 now - she was given this dx a year ago, after she was assessed for asd.

I do not know anything about GDD and i would like know where i can go for help / guidance... do you think i need to go back to the paed?

vjg13 Mon 19-Oct-15 15:12:41

My daughter was given a diagnosis of GDD age 3 and now age 17, she would be described as having learning difficulties.

Has your daughter got a statement/EHC plan? Does she get supported adequately in school? What other health professionals are involved?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now