Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Private ASD diagnosis

(6 Posts)
wizzywig Sun 04-Oct-15 19:58:00 there a database or somewhere where i can find out where i can get an assessment for ASD for a child? Thanks

zzzzz Sun 04-Oct-15 20:18:55

Your GP should always be able to refer you to a private Dr/clinic for any issue

LeChien Sun 04-Oct-15 20:25:10

We recently went private.
Our GP didn't have a clue where to suggest (not sure if they're meant to know?) so we did our own research and asked for recommendations. The GP was very supportive and helpful otherwise though.
The NAS helpline was helpful, and actually, I think there is some information on the NAS website about clinics.
Some clinics need a gP referral, others do not.
We asked for a referral to the Elizabeth Newson Clinic, but were turned down as we couldn't get CCG funding and they weren't accepting private referrals at the time, so we found a recommended paed and psych who had plenty of experience with PDA.

Meloncoley2 Sun 04-Oct-15 20:30:31

Yes, NAS helpline will point you in the right direction.

wizzywig Mon 05-Oct-15 19:06:12

Thanks everyone. Ill give the nas a call

Pikachoomumma Fri 09-Oct-15 06:52:47

If you want I can PM you the details of a very well known and highly respected person in London?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: