Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What happens if I move houses regarding statement funding

(10 Posts)
Feelingthepressure68 Wed 26-Aug-15 19:41:20

Sorry had to name change due to all this hacking pavlova.

I am thinking of moving out of borough, but our current local authority will be paying for DS schools fees at the independent special school. What happens in regards of our statement/ funding in regards to moving?

Ineedmorepatience Wed 26-Aug-15 19:50:10

The responsibility for the fees and maintaining the statement will move to the new LA!! They are allowed to reassess if they want to!!

2boysnamedR Wed 26-Aug-15 20:07:02

I want to cross the border into the next LA but I'm waiting for things to settle down

Feelingthepressure68 Wed 26-Aug-15 20:41:03

Ohmygoodness! I guess I have to move somewhere in my borough.

zzzzz Thu 27-Aug-15 10:41:08

We have this issue too. I thought whips were supposed to be more portable?

QueenStarlight Thu 27-Aug-15 14:32:28

What happens is that the new LA 'might' say that the only reason your child is at the independent school is because the old LA didn't have provision, whereas they do.

If it is the neighbouring LA you might be able to say that if they can find a school that is cheaper and can meet your child's needs, then given your child was not previously all that far away they would already be there i.e. any of their suggestions has already been ruled out by old LA iyswim.

zzzzz Thu 27-Aug-15 16:42:59

Ehcp's not whips

QueenStarlight Thu 27-Aug-15 16:54:54

whips would do a better job of enforcement

Ineedmorepatience Thu 27-Aug-15 18:24:19

grin @ starlight grin

HairyMaclary Thu 27-Aug-15 19:34:20

There's a possibility we may have to move, we will stay in borough purely to avoid messing the statement about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now