Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Party Bag ideas for disabled girl?

(9 Posts)
JimbosJetSet Sat 15-Aug-15 15:14:56

DD is having a party, and the children from next door are coming, including a profoundly disabled teenage girl. Please can I have some ideas as to good things to put in her party bag? She is fed through a tube so all sweets and crap are out! I've got as far as bubbles and hair slides... Thank you!
Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section or if I have used incorrect terminology.

StealthPolarBear Sat 15-Aug-15 15:16:55

Stickers? A cd single (if they still exist)

JimbosJetSet Sat 15-Aug-15 15:29:46

Ooh yes that's an interesting idea, thank you smile

quirkychick Sat 15-Aug-15 15:35:15

Small musical instruments, like shakers? Anything sensory like lighting up/squeezy balls from somewhere like Hawkin's Bazaar. Small beany-type toy which could be shiny/bright.

JimbosJetSet Sat 15-Aug-15 17:53:34

Thanks Quirky!

Piratejones Sat 15-Aug-15 19:48:28

our Poundland do LED light key rings, if she is allowed small items it might be worth getting one. If not then a normal torch.

Saracen Sat 15-Aug-15 20:31:07

Does she have both learning difficulties and physical disabilities?

JimbosJetSet Sat 15-Aug-15 21:08:21

Yes she does Saracen

Saracen Sun 16-Aug-15 23:07:10

Music/story tapes if you know what sort of thing she likes, and that her family has a tape player. Charity shops often have them for 30p or so.

Glow stick bracelets. Balloons from Tesco with lights inside.

Wheelchair bling, if she uses a wheelchair? Any items which can be attached to her wheelchair such as little furry animals, rhinestones, ribbons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now