Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Stupidest thing you have been told about SN?

(4 Posts)
PrimeAutobot Sat 08-Aug-15 19:36:39

following on from coconut miracle cures reminded me of some doozies, best was that my dc are paying for other's mortal sins, another eedjit told me I had to cast the devil out of em. Not asked for opinions mind you just random people in supermarkets! Any one else?

uggerthebugger Sat 08-Aug-15 21:01:02

Ooo I had that - God had struck my child down to punish me for my sins. According to a grinning, glassy-eyed born again loon on the 207 bus. At 7 in the morning on a Monday.

DS1 was oblivious to it all, but kicked her hard in the shins anyway. The Lord works in mysterious ways.... grin

FenellaFellorick Sat 08-Aug-15 21:02:59

my children are my karma for when I was a primary school aged child and didn't prevent the bullying of a child who I now, with adult and experienced eyes, understand had autism.

I didn't bully him, I didn't do anything to him, I just didn't stand between him and the bullies and physically stop them.

This was a mner who said it.

PrimeAutobot Sat 08-Aug-15 22:02:29

In my kinder moments I realise that the greater part of society ignores all of the wealth of knowledge at their fingertips in favour of the great Religious / Hollywood indoctrination of Good v.s Evil. The rest of the time I just wonder at the intolerance and stupidity and hope the world can be a kinder place. Personally I'm with Gump; shit just happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now