Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ados results

(7 Posts)
felttippens Tue 04-Aug-15 23:52:50

Got my dds (15) ados results today although her psychologist hasn't arrived at a decision re diagnosis yet as he's also taking the background history I gave , school observation and what he knows of her from working with her since december last year

Her score on ados was 16

He is concerned that her score may be skewed by her anxiety and depression

Does anyone have any thoughts ?

LeChien Wed 05-Aug-15 22:20:22

If the background history and school obs show signs of ASD then she should get a diagnosis surely?
As far as I know 16 is well above the threshold (which I was told is 9).
I was told that my son passed the ados threshold because of learnt behaviour, but was then told that this was bollocks because the ados findings matched the interview findings.
I'm not really sure though, but hopefully someone more knowledgable will see this too and answer.

shazzarooney99 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:36:43

See this is what cheeses me off! children do learn behaviours, so by the time they get the ados its way to late, we had the same, all that came from my sons ados test was he spoke in a monotone voice.

Went to cahms a week or two ago and they said the ados is only a tiny part of it! and they have said he needs an asd assesment.

Went to the peadatrician last week and his normal one is off, this peads said its in his notes that if behaviours were consistent writen diagnoses would be given! and this was from around 3 years ago!!!!

Ineedmorepatience Tue 11-Aug-15 11:12:14

If nothing comes of it ask for a DISCO assessment! It was developed to pick out the hard to diagnose people and is a questionaire for parents, it can only be completed by someone who has been trained so you might have to push hard!

My cousins Dd has only just been Dx'ed in her 20's after yrs of struggling with anxiety and depression! My Dd was diagnosed using DISCO at 9, she has the anxiety but at least we know why and can help her!

Good luck flowers

shazzarooney99 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:00:53

Who oes a Disco assesment if you dont mind me asking?

Ineedmorepatience Tue 11-Aug-15 17:03:56

Can be a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist I think. But they have to have done the specific training.

shazzarooney99 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:37:29

Thanks, i think i am going to ring up peadiatrics and request one of these, thanks once again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now