Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

carers allowance - working and earning under the allowed amount. a question

(4 Posts)
hazeyjane Tue 04-Aug-15 18:17:11

I have got some part time work (yay! and ulp!) and will be earning well under the allowed amount of earning, which I believe is £110 a week - does anyone know, do I need to contact anyone to let them know I am earning?

chocnomorechoc Tue 04-Aug-15 19:13:19

I would ring the CA helpline. I used to earn under the threshold and had to fill in some paperwork.

and congrats on this job flowers

Huckcat Wed 05-Aug-15 09:46:14

Congratulations on the job! I'm a carer and work very part time hours. I called the Carer's Allowance people to tell them - you have to notify them of any change of circumstances. My earnings vary monthly so I have to send them my payslip and fill in a simple form.
They pay retrospectively though and just to warn you, it can take months for the money to come through.

If your earnings are always going to be the same though, they may just ask you for a few months of payslips to check and then leave you alone.

You are also allowed to deduct certain things from your earnings like half of any pension contributions, some child care costs - in case you find yourself right on the border.

Well done again, the very few hours I work means so much to me and not just financially.

hazeyjane Wed 05-Aug-15 10:30:20

Thankyou

I will call them and let them know. I am already receiving carers, so hopefully it shouldn't cause too much of an issue.

I am working in a preschool (the one my ds went to) as a 1-1 for a child with disabilities. I am really excited about it, I volunteer at the preschool at the moment as part of my NVQ, with the aim of eventually working with children with disabilities - I just didn't expect it to come so soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now