Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What would you do about this, if anything?

(4 Posts)
bodenbiscuit Wed 29-Jul-15 17:53:05

My oldest daughter (13) has severe ASD and severe mental impairment. She has an IQ of around 45. Every other weekend, she goes to stay with her dad with her NT 11 year old sister. My ex husband lives in an area of flats in the middle of town, and below is a shop. The woman who runs the shop keeps on knocking on the children's father's door if she can hear dd1 making a noise, which sometimes she does - she tends to stamp if she gets upset. However, dd2 has been telling me that this woman complains even if dd is not making a noise. And is always knocking on the door.

My problem with her continual knocking is what exactly does she expect him to do about it? Dd1 really has no understanding of the consequences of anything. I am annoyed that this is making dd2 stressed, who has enough to cope with already.

What would you do?

bodenbiscuit Wed 29-Jul-15 18:13:11

Sorry I should say that this has been going on for about a year.

zzzzz Wed 29-Jul-15 23:07:16

I'd contact the council or perhaps the police and ask their advice. If those sound too "official" ask citizens advice. They will have dealt with this before and know the most non-confrontational way to approach her.
Bottom line is she is just going to have to suck it up.

bodenbiscuit Thu 30-Jul-15 11:14:46

Thanks. It is a difficult one but really we have enough problems without this on top.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: