Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just to make you laugh ....

(9 Posts)
frazzledbutcalm Sun 19-Jul-15 21:23:07

This made us laugh so much. Dd is 16. She announced very seriously yesterday ...
DD - "Do you know when we used to go to softplay area?" (I won't mention name as I don't want to out us). "I actually thought the curly slide had crocodiles at the bottom so I was always too scared to go down it!"
Me - Why on earth did you think it had crocodiles at the bottom?
Dd - Because a girl went down the slide and I never saw her again so I thought crocodiles must have eaten her at the bottom!

Deadly serious!! Absolutely believed for goodness knows how many years, that crocodiles lived at the bottom of a slide in the softplay!! When I asked did you not think the girl could have simply gone home she just replied "no - I thought the crocodiles ate her. I was proper scared." I then asked did she honestly think I'd take her to a softplay area WITH CROCODILES?? ... "I just knew not to go down the slide". And if there was crocodiles did she not think I'd tell her about them?? I asked why she never mentioned it/asked me? "Dunno. I just knew not to go down the slide."

confused grin

I would love to be inside my dc's heads sometimes!

PolterGoose Sun 19-Jul-15 21:53:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ouryve Sun 19-Jul-15 23:57:18

Oh dear grin

frazzledbutcalm Mon 20-Jul-15 12:01:56

Why would she think I'd take her somewhere for crocodiles to eat her?!? confused grin

Babieseverywhere Mon 20-Jul-15 16:46:49

My DS refuses to go into the deep end of the swimming pool. Just standing screaming on the middle of the pool in the middle if hus swimming lessons....finally told us he 'knows' there are sharks on the deep end...which will kill and eat him !

Have explained they can't fit through the water pipe and the staff won't let them in via the main door....how does he think they got in...
kids eh.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 20-Jul-15 19:10:06

babies ... glad it's not just my dd! grin

I was shock that she thinks I'd encourage her to be killed by crocodiles!

Jasonandyawegunorts Mon 20-Jul-15 19:33:35

grin

Why would she think I'd take her somewhere for crocodiles to eat her?!?

Is it pirate themed, does it have crocodiles painted on the softplay?

PolterGoose Mon 20-Jul-15 20:28:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazzledbutcalm Wed 22-Jul-15 09:45:23

jason ... not pirate themed. From what I remember it just had general children's pictures. I can't understand, I think it will be just one of life's mysteries grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now