Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can anyone recommend an Educational Psychologist, advocate and/or solicitor?

(13 Posts)
amumof2 Thu 09-Jul-15 09:59:09

We are applying for funding for a special school for our son who has high functioning autism. We are at the stage of applying to the panel but realise it will probably go to tribunal. I'm uneasy picking someone unknown from lists on the internet so was hoping to have people who the mums here have used.

2boysnamedR Thu 09-Jul-15 12:52:42

Where abouts are you? No need to say your LA just south east, west, north etc

Icimoi Thu 09-Jul-15 14:44:53

Try Ann Baumber for EP.

2boysnamedR Thu 09-Jul-15 15:40:05

I have never been able to get hold of Ann. Alarmingly she assessed my friends son but then never produced a report or chased for fees :0/

Elisabennet Thu 09-Jul-15 17:06:30

Fiona Slomovic for representative.

2boysnamedR Thu 09-Jul-15 17:16:57

Yes heard Fiona's good. She gets cases dropped before hearing

adrianna22 Thu 09-Jul-15 17:24:03

If you call SOSSEN... Google the name... They will give you a list of experts that parents have frequently used for tribunal.

beautifulgirls Thu 09-Jul-15 21:53:33

Ann Baumber yes if in Kent area - notoriously difficult to get hold of but damn good to have on side at tribunal. Also Fiona Slomovic, amazing lady but heavily in demand so not able to take on everyone who contacts her.

MairOldAlibi Thu 09-Jul-15 22:53:09

Suggest asking the school. I'd imagine most pupils had a fight to get in, and there's probably a limited pool of local experts. If there's a 'dream team' who repeatedly win Tribunals for this school, you probably want them.

Other parents will know. There might be a sports day or parent get-together you could gatecrash, or the school could maybe agree to share your contact details with the PTA...

amumof2 Fri 10-Jul-15 10:02:12

Thanks for the replies. That's helpful. Forgot to say we are in Merton. Yes I left an email and voicemail for Fiona a few days again but she hasn't got back to me. I guess she's too busy.

Icimoi Fri 10-Jul-15 10:34:27

Have you tried Fiona Slomovic's office? I'd have thought she would have admin staff who could respond.

Icimoi Fri 10-Jul-15 10:36:02

If you can't get Fiona, try Maxwell Gillott. You could also see if SOS SEN has any workshops for parents coming up, they do some really good ones to help parents do some or all of the preparation for themselves.

Anomia10 Fri 10-Jul-15 10:55:24

Nigel Pugh, as an independent advocate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now