Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

looking for thread re secondary school

(5 Posts)
Frettajames Tue 07-Jul-15 15:09:53

Hello, a while ago there was a very long and active thread about starting secondary school. I think it was mostly in relation to kids with ASD. I always intended to look it up when my DS was closer to starting (I was too overwhelmed at the time to look ahead!) and now that he is starting secondary in September I can't find it anywhere. would anyone be able to link to it for me please?

Ineedmorepatience Tue 07-Jul-15 15:34:01

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/2169408-I-know-there-is-a-starting-secondary-school-thread-somewhere-but-I-cant-find-it-and-really-need-some-flaps-and-honks

This is one I started last summer fretta although I am nit sure if I should tell you that Dd3 is now out of school!

There have been some successes this yr though.

Good luck flowers

Ineedmorepatience Tue 07-Jul-15 15:35:30

If you want links to other similar threads, go to search and search "starting secondary school" it found quite a few when I looked for mine so you might get a broader range of experiences.

Frettajames Tue 07-Jul-15 16:23:57

Thanks Ineed. I will have a read. DS (with AS) had his induction day today and it's hit home how difficult it's all going to be. I feel ill prepared. Plus I feel ridiculously emotional about the whole thing, dammit. DS was parched when I picked him up coz he didn't know where to get a drink from, even though everyone else did. There are so many small things, let alone the big things. Have a parents meeting with the teachers, form tutors etc tonight and don't even know where to begin...

Ineedmorepatience Tue 07-Jul-15 18:16:49

Yes the little things have been very wearing for us this yr, I am going to bow out of this thread now though because I really dont think my feelings about school are going to help you.

I really wish you and your son the best of luck and hope someone else comes along who will be more helpful than me! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now