Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I cant deal with it anymore

(7 Posts)
shazzarooney99 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:12:12

Sons nearly 8 has a diagnoses of autistic traits,sensory issues and hypercussis as well as speech delay, i am sure he is autistic and not just traits.

Its the violence, this evening hes almost broken my nose by throwing a shoe at me really hard,lastnight he grabbed handfuls of my hair out,kicked me,punched me, im beggining to feel like a battered mother.

How do i deal with this? how can i make it stop? i am beggining to turn into a nervous wreck.

PolterGoose Wed 01-Jul-15 21:46:32

flowers

It is hard, my ds got less violent when he learned to swear! But mostly it's been relentlessly working on keeping his anxiety low and slowly helping him develop skills to express himself without anger. Sensory OT work helps a lot too.

shazzarooney99 Wed 01-Jul-15 22:06:39

We are waiting on a report from the ot for sensory strategies so that will help when we get it. he swears and is violent, we even got threatened with the police in the supermarket the other dy when he was having a meltdown.

I always feel like ive failed because i feel like i dont know what to do.

MrsBrollyhook Wed 01-Jul-15 22:52:34

Please please don't feel like you've failed. I know how you feel but remember it's nothing to do with your parenting, is just that you need help to parent him differently to a NT child. It's taken me so long to get to this stage of realising I really need help (my DD is 10 now and we're going for a diagnosis now). The violence is so hard, I just hope you can get someone to listen and get more support.

shazzarooney99 Thu 02-Jul-15 06:13:17

Thank you xx

Elisabennet Thu 02-Jul-15 08:40:41

If you can afford it an ABA consultant can identify roots of behaviour and how to deal with them through positive approaches.

shazzarooney99 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:39:25

Thanks,this evening he has smashed his brothers iphone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now