Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I dont know what to do anymore

(12 Posts)
shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 12:41:46

I have a child whos almost 8,yesterday we had a huge meltdown, where he punched me in the face,tried strangling me,scratched my arms and pinched them really hard and twisted my wrists till they almost broke.

I firmly belive he has high functioning and sensory issues,pead has said traits and sensory issues.

He is on an iep at school,when he started the nursery there and they got an early years ed pych in who put him on school action plus immeid,as i said hes nearly 8 now.

How do i deal with this violence?

PolterGoose Sun 21-Jun-15 13:10:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 13:15:37

Thanks so much, i will look into this, the reason he kicked off yesterday was probably a combination of 2 things, swimming which has probably caused over stimulation and then dad asked him to get his uniform so he could wash it,unbeilvable isnt it?

PolterGoose Sun 21-Jun-15 13:28:47

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 13:32:53

I had a look at pda website where it has a checklist of symptoms however he diddnt fit enough to say Pda if you know what i mean.

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 13:36:02

Something else that we are getting quite frequently as well is him saying "i want to kill myself"

PolterGoose Sun 21-Jun-15 14:13:13

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 15:00:00

Ive just printed out some of the pages on the 5 point scale some of the emotion pages,do i just get him to point to how hes feeling and talk about it? and if needs be take him somewhere to calm down? before it escalates?

Stradbroke Sun 21-Jun-15 15:06:45

My DD fits some Of the PDA behaviours and we parent her in much the same way as they suggest. When she is stressed (today she is - no reason we can ascertain. She's had a great week up to here) we keep demands low, but we always expect decent behaviour. She is removed for hitting etc. but the most important thing for us has been to try and stop it escalating in the first place. Easier said than done I know.

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 15:10:27

Thanks strad,we dont really ask a lot of him to be honest apart from when he asks for a drink we will say get one yourself as i want him to be a bit more independant.

PolterGoose Sun 21-Jun-15 15:29:15

shazzarooney99 Sun 21-Jun-15 15:48:18

Thanks polter tis always usual to know these things and go through them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now