Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Surrey SPeech schools

(6 Posts)
ScrewedOverBySurrey Thu 18-Jun-15 19:16:52

Sorry - name changed as I'm in lovely Surrey and don't want to out myself.

I'm appealing a rather crap statement. Ds has a moderate / severe lang disorder, dyspraxia, complex profile with some cognitive ability up at 98% and formulated sentences down at 1% and everything in between.

Can anyone recommend schools with integrated SLT in Surrey. I'm on the Surrey Hampshire border.

Was thinking Moor house / Meath

Icimoi Thu 18-Jun-15 23:17:16

I think both of those are good, but isn't Moor House quite a long way from you? Is Blossom House accessible?

ScrewedOverBySurrey Fri 19-Jun-15 00:20:30

Blossom house has been mention by my SLT but that seems to far. I couldn't bear to board him as any benefit he would get in SLT wouldn't be worth the stress. He is a very immature 7 year old.

Meath looks like the closest option unless I look at more generalist special schools.

kyz1981 Wed 24-Jun-15 12:15:37

Meath is supposed to be excellent.

adrianna22 Wed 24-Jun-15 20:37:23

ICAN meath or Dawn House...

lexy444 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:41:10

My son has been at Meath for the whole of primary yrs, it's been excellent for him and he has come on in leaps and bounds - speech production issues were his main SLT need. Arrange a visit and see what you think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now