Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

why don't you love me

(4 Posts)
frankiebuns Thu 18-Jun-15 09:00:33

My ds has aspergers and is very emotionally attached to his nanny not that Imind I love my mum but this I ridiculous he refuses to do anything with us ie mum and dad he throws a huge tantrums cries ad simply refuses he has been looking for wad to butlins for weeks now he is refusing to go as nanny isn't going. I can't take him to school can't take him out can't take hm shopping it hurts he won't hug me kiss me go near me is this a phase?

PolterGoose Thu 18-Jun-15 10:30:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frankiebuns Thu 18-Jun-15 13:44:27

He's 4 and high functioning he has a melt Down if i put him to bed or get himup he mmakes himself sick and we are late for school cos he won't do it unless nanny does it I'm at my wits end

Huckcat Thu 18-Jun-15 15:06:13

Hi OP. I'm afraid I don't have any advice but we're going through a similar thing with DS (5). He has an ASC. I work at weekends and my brother comes to look after my son. My DS loves his uncle and every week keeps asking when he's coming, says how much he loves him etc.

As it's Fathers' Day this weekend, I'm not working and we've got a fun trip planned.

I told DS, expecting him to be happy and excited. Instead he had a meltdown about not being able to play with his uncle, saying he didn't want to come.

I got really upset. Now I've had time to think about it, I think it's partly because when my brother comes to play with DS, he lets him do whatever he wants. There's no boring tidying up, school reading etc. And also for my DS it's the change of his weekend routine he's struggling with.

Not sure if any of this applies to your situation but you're not alone flowers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now