Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can SENDIST allow two observers?

(9 Posts)
adrianna22 Sat 13-Jun-15 14:08:33

Hi,

Has anyone been allowed to bring two observers to their tribunal hearing?

bjkmummy Sat 13-Jun-15 14:14:09

depends on the circumstances I guess - my LA at two of mine asked for observers and we objected and they weren't allowed in

adrianna22 Sat 13-Jun-15 16:52:59

two of my family members want to come for support.

bjkmummy Sat 13-Jun-15 17:06:27

I think they may not allow two - a friend of mine did take another friend for support - but you have to have permission of the judge so you will need to formally request it. who else is going with you - do you have a partner going with you and witnesses? I guess all you can do is ask

adrianna22 Sat 13-Jun-15 17:36:37

DS dad will not be attending now. My witnesses are attending, but I would like DS Grandmother and my good friend to come.

2boysnamedR Sat 13-Jun-15 17:45:15

I was going to have my dh and sister at mine. La objected but nothing they could do. She didn't go in the end as was the babysitter

bjkmummy Sat 13-Jun-15 17:56:44

I know someone else who took her husband and a family friend - I think you will just have to ask on the day. I always object to the LA but then they also had a barrister as well - first time they wanted the solicitor to be an observer and second time was the sen officer so a slightly different situation to you.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 13-Jun-15 19:00:47

I would think that you might stand more chance of them allowing one person to support you especially as your Ds's dad is no longer going.

We had a similar situation to bjk where the LA wanted both a Solicitor and a Barrister in the hearing hmm fortunately the Judge was having none of it and the solicitor had to wait outside! HA!!

Nothing like a bit of intimidation towards the parents of a disabled child sad

Good luck what ever you decide flowers

Icimoi Sat 13-Jun-15 22:14:41

Do you have a representative? They may take the view that the rep can provide any necessary support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now