Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Meeting our LA's IAAS service (parent partnership?) any advice?

(12 Posts)
bbkl Sat 06-Jun-15 17:45:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 06-Jun-15 18:12:41

They are what used to be called Parent Partnership! Its difficult because they are paid by the LA so are not impartial hmm

However the ones in the next LA to me are amazing they go to meetings and even tribunals to support parents!

Ours are useless and also ridiculously understaffed which is typical of my LA.

I think you will only know if you try them, I wouldnt think you will need to take much with you I expect they will just want to get an idea of what the issues are and how you want them to help!

Good luck flowers

Runningtokeepstill Sat 06-Jun-15 18:54:31

Is there a local state school that you think would be a good fit? I appealed to get ds into a popular school that was already over PAN and was successful (technically all our local schools are "good" but some are more good than others). I'm not sure if someone employed by the LA would support you in this, though.

bbkl Sat 06-Jun-15 19:17:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

streakybacon Sun 07-Jun-15 18:58:16

Do you have a Parent Carer Forum, as well as PP/IAAS? PCFs really are impartial and you could compare advice if you consulted with both.

bbkl Sun 07-Jun-15 22:26:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bbkl Sun 07-Jun-15 22:30:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 07-Jun-15 22:59:53

I think contact a family are the overseeing body of parent carer forums, I could be wrong though, worth a phone call to them though to ask if they know who is doing what in your area!

Had to smile at your local offer being designed to confuse! Someone has spent months making it that useless and complicated wink

streakybacon Mon 08-Jun-15 06:22:40

Yes that's right, CAF are overseeing. The 2014 COP talks about LAs having Parent Carer Forums for advice, so you should have one. It might be well hidden in your local offer though wink.

National Network of Parent Carer Forums here

streakybacon Mon 08-Jun-15 06:32:21

You can find your own PCF locally on the Who We Are tab [[ here].

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 08-Jun-15 07:22:52


I would give them a try but would not expect much from them.

I would also suggest in the meantime that you also talk to IPSEA or SOSSEN and apply for the EHCP yourself (because you know its been done then).

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 08-Jun-15 07:25:51

(I was referring to the IAS which is really Parent Partnership under another name).

Good luck with them but would suggest you seek fully independent advice as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: