Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

And now suddenly the senco is too busy to meet with us!

(14 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Jun-15 13:38:28

Having tried to make us look bad in tribunal after we were unable to attend one meeting in May.

I eamiled on Tuesday and yesterday to tell her that one of the things the judge has ordered was that we meet with school to try to sort out Dd3's attendance. The senco has today emailed back saying she is so busy with transitions for yr 6 children that she doesnt know when we will be able to meet!!

Dd3 has only managed 2 days this week! And sobbed last night over a trip she is supposed to be going on!! I get the feeling they really cant be arsed!! confused hmm

bjkmummy Fri 05-Jun-15 13:49:06

idiots!!! shame the senco of the school my LA are naming cant use the same excuse but she seems to have all the time in the world to help the LA out.....

I would just email her back and explain that your daughter is a current pupil at the school so is equally deserving of her valuable time

Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Jun-15 15:26:37

I did email her back to say that Dd3 has only managed 2 days this week and she came back saying she knows!!

Apparently Dd3 is being invited to attend annend of yr residential which is only open to students who have done really well!!!

A couple of weeks ago she was told she couldnt go on a day trip because her attendance was too bad!!

FFS!!! Roll on July!!

PolterGoose Fri 05-Jun-15 16:22:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Jun-15 16:25:46

It might be a shorter term than we thought polter!!

Mollyweasley Fri 05-Jun-15 16:42:52

Keep calm and have some wine!

Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Jun-15 17:00:52

Yes I am seriously considering taking up drug taking or drinking to allow my brain some time out!!

Icimoi Fri 05-Jun-15 19:02:59

Can you point out to her that it's a court order and therefore it really isn't optional?

senvet Fri 05-Jun-15 19:22:13

Try pointing out to the LA that the burden falls on them to meet the terms of a Tribunal Order, and if there is insufficient resource in the school, then they have an obligation to provide more, eg pay for overtime.

This helps to keep the relations with the school on a "seeing it from the school's point of view" whilst actually telling on them to the LA

youarekiddingme Fri 05-Jun-15 19:33:28

My first thought was your DD is a current pupil so why the lack of priory for her?

And I say that as a parent of a child going through transition to secondary.

It won't look good in the school breaking a court order either. Can you forward that email correspondence to the LA and tribunal officer?

Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Jun-15 20:35:15

ici I did point that out in my original email!!

senvet yes I mentioned to the statementing officer who I saw today outside another childs annual review that school have not been forthcoming with a meeting!! We will see if anything occurs on Monday!

youare Yes we were gutted that Dd3 has not been made a priority despite the court order and it really confirms that our decision to HE from September is the right one!!

The sooner she is officially not a pupil there the better!!

senvet Fri 05-Jun-15 23:42:09

You are very good at this now Ineed. I think you will be great at HE

OneInEight Sat 06-Jun-15 12:30:52

flowers. Why is it so difficult for our kids. Wonder whether she has heard a rumour of you leaving? At least you are on the countdown to the end of the year now.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 06-Jun-15 13:55:05

Have been very careful who I have spoken too one but I guess anything is possible!!

Dd3 has a countdown on her calendar!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now