Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS1 prem with mobility issues. Expecting DD1 any week soon. Double Buggy recommendations?

(9 Posts)
Supershiv1 Thu 04-Jun-15 14:46:20

Hi
Ds1 was 25 weeker, now 2 and doesn't sit up unaided, although will sit nicely with support.
We're waiting on a Breezi high chair from OT and a bath chair. He's also got some shoes and a standing frame on order via the physio.
He is going to be a big brother imminently and I have been putting off buying a double buggy as I wanted to make sure I got one suitable for him as well as baby but OT is on hols and hasn't got back to me after a few weeks already.
Does anyone have any suggestions so I can at least be a bit proactive in my research?
A friend has said a friend of hers bought a special seat to go on a phil & teds but can't find anything on Google.
Thanks

Saracen Thu 04-Jun-15 15:59:07

I have no knowledge of the subject but as it may take you a while to get it figured out and your new baby is due soon, what about keeping your son in his current buggy for the time being while using a sling for the baby? That buys you some time and might even be a long term solution.

2boysnamedR Thu 04-Jun-15 18:30:30

I have got a phil and ted double off eBay for £35. My ds is 3 and sat on the shopping basket seat on the top while dd went flat on the normal seat.

Dd is now in the shopping basket attaché ment with the basket thingie.

Just don't spend to much is my advise

elliejjtiny Fri 05-Jun-15 19:24:29

We've got a phil and teds. I find a rolled up towel or blanket in a kind of arch from their hips over their heads gives extra support and stops them slumping.

JellyCurls Fri 05-Jun-15 22:24:25

We had mini city twin for DD 4yrs old and DS1. She is height of a 10yr old and can still get in it. She has ataxic cp hence we needed the double buggy. You can get them second hand, ours cost £80 and was in perfect condition

JsOtherHalf Sat 06-Jun-15 15:34:06

Is this any help?

www.specialneedspushchairs.co.uk/special_needs_double.htm

Supershiv1 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:12:52

Thanks all.
JsOtherHalf that's especially helpful.

youarekiddingme Sat 06-Jun-15 21:20:02

I would recommend the activate double. There are various including front and back and side by side.
A lot of OT will refer to wheelchair services and they will agree to cover the cost of the chair bit for your DS and you find the rest - if your DS is entitled to a wheelchair services chair at his age.

I'd also look at charities such as newlipfe as they are very good at funding high amounts towards this sort of buggy.

youarekiddingme Sat 06-Jun-15 21:21:20

www.activateforkids.co.uk/tandem.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now