Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SPD - vision

(3 Posts)
frazzledbutcalm Tue 02-Jun-15 21:23:41

Hi all, I usually post about dd2, today this is about ds2. He has hypermobility and sensory processing disorder, and is currently being seen by OT and paediatrician to investigate for other things. I've just seen photos on another thread which absolutely astounded me showing images of how a poster with SPD sees things. Ds has told me for weeks now that when he first wakes up he sees everything in black, white and grey. It turns to colour after about half an hour. Does anyone else/dc have this? We're seeing OT tomorrow and will mention it but just wondered how common or otherwise this may be.

2boysnamedR Tue 02-Jun-15 23:42:46

Sorry can't help but I know vision can be effected. DK talked to me about it briefly but it's not something ds has problems with. I know a child who saw in 1D

frazzledbutcalm Wed 03-Jun-15 11:53:55

Thanks 2boys ... we have a few sensory vision issues, we use coloured lens glasses to help, but I've not heard of the black, white and grey before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now