Aspergers 3year old

(4 Posts)
lroyce08 Mon 01-Jun-15 18:27:44

Hi I'm new to this, I just wondering if anyone has any advice my son is 3 he is currently undergoing a working diognosis of aspergers/asd.
He has been seen by a pediatrician and health visitor he is also under a SENCo at school, salt are also coming in to see him at nursery to see him in his social setting... But at the minute I am more worried about how to cope with certain behaviours he is a lovely little boy but getting him to leave the house can end in melt down where he repeatedly says he needs to go home he can get so worked up he will be sick, he can not cope in the supermarket etc.. I could write loads but will see if I get reply first x

OP’s posts: |
PolterGoose Mon 01-Jun-15 18:58:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Mon 01-Jun-15 18:59:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

senvet Tue 02-Jun-15 16:15:29

The SALTs tend to recommend something visual to represent what is happening when, or at east what is happening next. In primary school this advances to a visual timetable.

I have heard of some kids who have velcro-backed pictures to take off a board with velcro on, so that they can do something to mark that a particular activity is over and it is time to move to the next one. I guess if it is used in classrooms it can also by used by 3 year olds at home.

The Polter has a sensory thread for kids who find the sensory stimuli overwhelming. So kids feel calmer carrying weighted back packs or having a toy to fiddle with - it is a great thread with lots of things to try.

Hope this helps a but

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in